The number of China’s Internet users has grown to more than 800million, 56 % of China’s total population, in 2012. Below is a list of the popular Chinese websites with...
How to import from China to India ?
You may be able to find a new business opportunity or profit growth by directly importing products from China. It can be complicated, but it can pay off in both immediate profit and long-term success. The process is becoming easier and easier thanks to the trend of globalization and advances in international trade technology.
For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
1) Find the products you’re interested in. There are many sources to find your products. The internet is the easiest one to start with. There are many web listing services,where, you can register your username, post the products of your interest, and you will receive tons of products supply information and perhaps a price list.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
2) Establish a relationship with potential suppliers. Select a few potential suppliers to communicate with. When contacting suppliers, provide information about your company. The good suppliers already have more business than they can handle -you want to market yourself so that they want to do business with you. When qualifying suppliers, you can ask them how long they’ve been in business, which trade shows they attend, how long they’ve been attending these trade shows andwhich companies they manufacture for. Check and confirm everything that you can.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
3) Narrow down to the supplier that you really want to work with. Discuss the price and trade relationship. Obtain product samples and review them (and their packaging,instructions, and any other collateral) for quality – you may have to pay a nominal fee. Discuss shipping and payment terms. Gather all necessary information to prepare for placing a trial order. When placing the purchase order, include as many details as you can think of.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
4) Understand trade terms and use them. Before placing any order, you need to understand and confirm with your suppliers about shipment terms. Most popular are”fob” and “cif”, as well as payment terms. These are closely related to your landing cost calculation and risk assessment. You can consult an import management company and a freight forwarder for detail break-down on the costs and risks. You can also use an import management company to negotiate the trade terms.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
5) Understand payment terms. Somewhat common is to pay 30% at time of order, and the remaining 70% when the product ships. The down payment gives the manufacturer/supplier funds necessary to begin production. These terms are negotiable.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
6) As the Importer of record, you (not the supplier) are legally responsible for making sure that goods brought into the country meet all national regulatory requirements. Goods that don’t meet requirements can be stopped at the border or can result in future legal suits. Don’t just take a supplier’s word that requirements are being met. Do your homework on compliance issues and make sure you know requirements are being met. You need to understand the relevant import compliance regulations beforehand. Besides US Customs and Border Protection,other government authorities like USDA, FDA, DOT, and AT F also regulate the importation. Pay particular attention when you import textile products from china. Go to the websites of these agencies to understand, register or download the forms. Compliance issues can be very complicated for some products. It is highly recommended to consult a good customs house broker before placing any order.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
7) Select a forwarder and customs house broker. Go to your local international trade organization/association and customs office to find the list. Visit them,and select the one you like. For the first time importer, use more individualized services, because you need more attention than you would expect.You may ask your local customs bureau for help on assessing custom duties amount for your products, or use online services such as Asia Calculator.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
8) Place a trial order with a written purchase order if everything goes well. In the purchase order, besides typing out a detailed description of the products, product requirements, packaging requirements, etc., and trade terms, list all needed shipping documents.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
9) Appoint an inspection company to check your goods on site in the factory,and give you a detailed report. It is very helpful to provide the inspection company details about what to check. Without such details, the inspection company may think products are okay even though you won’t. You may also consider having inspections done of components that are going into assembly early in the process. This can help avoid last minute quality problems. This is usually done a few days before the expected shipment, so you can address any issues that would be raised. This will allow you to avoid receiving defective or non-conforming goods.
For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
10) Track the transportation and customs clearance. Your forwarder and customs broker should take care of your transportation and customs clearance. However, you also need to track the process and assistance, such as providing additional products information and endorsing bill of landing. You need to issue a power of attorney to your broker and purchase customs bond for your importation.For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL
11) Receive the products and keep the records. Now you can go to your next step to sell your products and make profit.
12) Do not order counterfeit or branded products, unless the supplier can prove they are an authorized reseller. You can contact the brand owner to confirm the supplier is an authorized reseller. For More details, can visit our website: SILIC INTERNATIONAL